International Association of Structural Movers — Awards Competition
Members must enter online. Please FIRST read the criteria and rules below and THEN submit your entry on the Awards Competition Entry Form page (see link below).
All award applications must be received by February 15, 2018.
Method for Entering
- The Awards Committee is composed of three individuals in various areas of the country. A set of your entries, along with a set of every other entry received, will be furnished to each of the three judges, and one set will be reserved for association purposes and use in STRUCTURALMOVER magazine.
- All awards entries must be submitted online.
- Fully complete the requested information describing your entry. The information is necessary when describing the job when it appears in STRUCTURALMOVER magazine.
- You may enter as many projects as you wish. You may also enter projects into as many categories as you feel are appropriate.
- Descriptions must be provided for each project and photo submitted, including the name of your company, the name of the project and all other required details.
- Materials submitted become the property of IASM and may be used for association publicity material, and in STRUCTURALMOVER magazine.
- The 2018 annual convention will be March 21-25 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbia in Columbia, South Carolina. Award entries are due February 15, 2018.
All award applications must be received by 15 February 2018.
Applications and photos sent to IASM via e-mail will NOT be accepted.
All entries must be submitted through our online awards entry form (see link below).
Award Applicant Criteria
- The mover must have been a regular member in good standing during the year the job was performed and the year in which the member is applying for the award, or have just retired since completing the job. The Awards Committee will check status against the current membership list.
- The project must have been completed by 31 December 2017.
- Retired movers are not eligible for awards except in the Honor category unless they retired in the year of application.
- Members are only eligible for one award per company except: they may win one Honor category award and one award in the Open categories or the Under $30,000 categories.
- Members may submit a project in more than one category.
- At the discretion of the judges, award applications may be moved to categories other than the category for which they were submitted.
Award Category Explanations
- There are three basic categories of awards: • Open • Under $30,000 • Honor
- The Longest, Widest, Tallest, Heaviest Structure Moved and Heaviest Structure Moved on Rubber Tires categories are judged strictly by the numbers (i.e. the Longest Structure qualifying in the Longest category wins).
- The Structure Moved the Greatest Distance on Land may not include barge or rail travel as part of the total distance traveled. However, if a structure has been moved by rail or barge, the total excluding that amount is still eligible for this award.
- The Heaviest Building Moved and the Heaviest Building Moved On Rubber Tires are discretionary categories and may be deleted at the discretion of the judges. These categories were created in case a ship, bridge, barge, or structure other than a building wins the Heaviest Structure Moved Award, potentially slighting a noteworthy building.
- The Structure Moved with the Most Square Footage on One Floor may not be a combination of loads.
- Most Innovative Move Award. Judges will look for innovation in method, equipment, or out-of-the-ordinary methods for solving unique problems.
- Best Time Saving Device Award. The judges will look for a time/labor saving device which is unique and original.
- Judges Award. This category is designed to honor the structural moving job which the judges consider either the best looking, best engineered, or most note-worthy job of the year. At the discretion of the judges, a job from another category may be placed into this category. It may have received an award in another category. If no entry is deemed worthy, the judges may choose not to make an award.
- Good Samaritan Award. This award is presented to a member for assisting a fellow member and the industry without receiving personal benefit.
- Historical Significance Award. This award is presented to a member for the lifting or relocation of a significant historical structure.
Winners will be announced during the March 2018 Annual Recognition Dinner at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbia in Columbia, South Carolina.
Submit your project using the online Awards Competition Entry Form.